Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Meridian, MS, United States
A sister, a mother, a rival, a best friend, an information junkie, oblivious. A dreamer, a realist, a believer just seeking His will for me. A procrasinator, a competitor, a country girl with city ways, a student, a mentor, a professional who thinks casual Fridays are a must, a fan. An anachronism, relevant, a cliche, an enigma, a wife with goofy songs and bedtime stories for my favs and one who is always striving toward giving you the best that I've got!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Don't "Sleep" On This!

I'm posting my "Don't Sleep" list for 2010 because it's already April and mainly because these are things I think I would trivalize and/or avoid because I think I have more important things to do and lists help remind me of priorities.  Maybe you have one too?

10.  Spending a rainy Saturday afternoon watching my tv favorite show in syndication or via DVD while doing nothing else or reading a Sunday newspaper from the front page to the classifieds.

  9.  Watching Dr. Oz at least once a month.

  8.  Taking a day trip to fully enjoy an "off the beaten path" place I pass daily or in my common travels.

  7.  Assuming no one else has an "attitude" and then just kindly doing the right thing by them or making life easier for someone else.

  6.  Repurposing an item from a yard sale, vintage store, Salvation Army thrift store or swap store or from my home or donating what I can't repurpose myself.

  5.  Spending at least one hour staring at the stars on a warm summers night (bug repellent maybe necessary for this).

  4.  Laughing until I cry (a cliche but still worthy).  NOTE:  I did this recently at work and I definitely want to do it again.

  3.  Taking or having a great photo taken of myself and then sharing it with someone who really cares to keep it forever.

  2.  Learning a new word in a foreign language regularly.

  1.  Doing something so kind for someone else that's so totally unexpected that even God would smile.

And that's the way to keep giving it the best that you've got!

4 comments:

  1. #5 - the bug repellent is a must. Took the dog out last night and got bit twice!! Enjoyed this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Angela. Couldn't decide on a favorite, but like you, I believe our lists need to consist more of the important things in life rather than just 'chores'. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed all 10 but really liked #1. I truly believe that our Lord often laughs as He indwells 24/7 and always "knows."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting y'all. @Jill, I cherish you.

    ReplyDelete