Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Meridian, MS, United States
A sister, a mother, a rival, a best friend, an information junkie, oblivious. A dreamer, a realist, a believer just seeking His will for me. A procrasinator, a competitor, a country girl with city ways, a student, a mentor, a professional who thinks casual Fridays are a must, a fan. An anachronism, relevant, a cliche, an enigma, a wife with goofy songs and bedtime stories for my favs and one who is always striving toward giving you the best that I've got!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Life as a Compilation Album, Ugh :(


Today while doing some light shopping, I encountered something that left me completely and utterly horrified.


Who was responsible for this monstrosity? Who let things get so out of hand? Who should be held accountable for this fiasco? Heads should roll for whomever granted permission for transforming some of the most carefree days of my life into a shrink-wrapped, digitally-mastered compilation album!

Not album. I mean CD.

No, I mean DVD.

Well actually, blue ray. Doh!

I think I mean the show on VH1 or MTV, "I Love the 80's". Or is that a reality show?

No. Is it a ringtone?

Ugh!!

Now, I'm confused.

Anyway, shouldn't I have been asked to sign a release or something? Is this the sum of us: a decade of bad hair, bad fashion, bad judgement and "totally-radical-and-fur-sure" fun, all summarized in a 80's compilation album? Is this all that is left after spandex, Candies shoes, Jordache' jeans, the death of disco and the birth of rap? Now, I know the pain felt by the 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's generations.


Well I, personally, am not ready to have the 80's revered as the "good old days". Who's with me???


Come on! Stand up and shout:


"I'M NOT JUST A COMPLICATION ALBUM, AND

I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!"


The 80's may be masterfully digitized, but I'm still giving you the best that I've got...





















2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the 80s music! Seriously, look at my ipod or the XM station presets in my car... it's all about the 80s!!!

    ReplyDelete