Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Meridian, MS, United States
A sister, a mother, a rival, a best friend, an information junkie, oblivious. A dreamer, a realist, a believer just seeking His will for me. A procrasinator, a competitor, a country girl with city ways, a student, a mentor, a professional who thinks casual Fridays are a must, a fan. An anachronism, relevant, a cliche, an enigma, a wife with goofy songs and bedtime stories for my favs and one who is always striving toward giving you the best that I've got!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

TGIF 'cause tomorrow's Saturday

Without much forethought I managed to find an outfit that required no ironing. My hair, though nappy, still laid pretty neatly and in decent order to my head. The scar from Wednesday's curling iron mishap was fading from my upper right cheekbone. As I left the house in hopes to grab my morning fruit for breakfast, there were no more bananas. That worked out because I only eat them for their nutritional value and because they don't have to be rinsed. The daily forecast was a high of 55 and I am pretty sure we hit 60. The Friday before it was snowing....

I was in the two-seater today and a ding in the door of "his baby" would not have been good. But as I pulled up to the usually highly-competitive parking lot outside of Ivy Hall, it was Friday. Very few classes on Fridays meant very few cars, so I got a corner spot on the third row. Perfect.

I had a To Do list on my desk for today, leftovers from the previous day; maybe even a previous life, but a To Do list just the same. I managed to get through most of it. I had two appointments that moved on cruise. Fridays end at 3:30 and I was in my car by 3:55 on my way to pick up two of my favorite little girls (my great nieces) and then home. At home, a text to my phone..."Anderson Cup?"
"Yup", I respond.
"Well, run when?"
"Let's start tomorrow morning at 8:00 am?", I ask.
"Where?"
"My hood, good trails, good hills, c u around 8ish."

What was a great ending to a great Friday! Smooth sunny Friday with the promise of an early Saturday morning run. So today, I got up and jogged/walked three miles with a friend that I haven't spent enough time with lately. That gave me enough energy to drive up to Starkville and spend quality time with my children and baby grands.

A good Saturday would not have been quite as pleasant without an awesome Friday! TGIF. Share yours 'cause that's the best I've got...

5 comments:

  1. Totally enjoyed spending your Friday and Saturday with you by just sittin' in my chair and reading it! So descriptive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I didn't know you were part of the "Blogging Babes". Joy Henson is a very dear friend of mine and of course editor of 393 magazine! Small World!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-u-tiful pic. Definitely a small world. I am enjoying getting to know Joy. Thanks for hanging out with me out here.

    ReplyDelete